Catfish Baked Lemon Dill Catfish
- Ready In:
- 4 catfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1.Stir together mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon rind, lemon juice, dill, and garlic in a small bowl.
- 2.Place half of mayonnaise mixture in another small bowl to serve with fish; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 3.Rinse fillets, and pat dry with paper towels. Brush the catfish fillets evenly with remaining half of mayonnaise mixture; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- 4.Dredge fillets in breadcrumbs. Arrange fillets on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- 5.Bake at 425°F (220°C) or until fish flakes with a fork and is opaque throughout,about 15 minutes to 20 minutes,no longer.
- 6.Serve the baked catfish fillets immediately with chilled mayonnaise mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!