Oven-Baked Lemon Catfish
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill (or to taste)
- 2 -4 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 4 large catfish fillets
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can use more)
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry breadcrumbs (use fine breadcrumbs)
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil then spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix the fine dry breadcrumbs with seasoned salt black pepper and cayenne.
- In a bowl combine the mayo, buttermilk, lemon rind, lemon juice, dill and garlic until well combined.
- Brush the fillets on both sides with the mayo mixture.
- Coat evenly with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the fillets into prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with more seasoned salt and black pepper if desired.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews