Cashew Chicken With Lotus Root and Shiitake Mushrooms
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Combine mix of chicken, root and mushrooms stir fry and top with whole cashew nut.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs, 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 10 shiitake mushroom caps, soak and 1/2 inch strips
- 1 lb fresh lotus root, strips
- cornstarch paste
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts, whole
- Place chicken thigh, salt, sugar, onion, garlic, ginger, wine, cornstarch and oil into a bowl and mix well and let set for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet add oil to coat and place over a high heat and when the oil start to smoke add in the chicken mixture.
- Sauté until the chicken is halfway done.
- Add in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add in the mushroom and simmer for 2 minutes and then the lotus roots strip and simmer for another minute.
- Thicken with cornstarch paste.
- Adjust to taste. Top with cashew nuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION