Cashew and Spinach Pesto- Processor Recipe
- Ready In:
2 cups approximately
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and picked
- 3 tablespoons fresh pureed garlic
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup raw whole cashews
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Process the cashews with the olive oil until finely ground.
- Add the garlic and process again.
- Add the spinach and lemon juice and nutritional yeast, using 1/4 first of the yeast to start.
- Taste and add some salt and pepper as desired.
- If wanted, add reserved yeast.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper again.
- Chill and serve or use as traditionally used.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a working artist with a continuing culinary practice in special recipe design- I like to make jams and jellies, salsa and pasta sauce from locally sourced or personally grown produce. At the local farmer's market my friend and I sell muffins we make and also seeds from Seed Savers Exchange, which takes seriously the preservation and protection of heirloom varieties from around the world. I have self-published a children's book I illustrated and am working on a followup book with the author that continues the story of "Sophie, Circus Mouse", the first title. The illustration above is one I created for a local orchard's street sign.