Carob Walnut Fudge
I can hardly wait to lay tongue on this. It's from "Breaking the Food Seduction" by Dr. Neil Barnard.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup almond butter (or peanut, cashew, or sunflower seed butter- try what you've got!)
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 cup carob powder, unsweetened, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Mist an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Combine nut butter and syrup in a saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring almost constantly until mixture is soft and blended.
- Remove from heat and beat in carob powder with a sturdy wooden spoon. When well blended, stir in walnuts.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan. Chill in refridgerator. cut into 16 squares when cool and firm.
- TIP: to easily release brown rice syrup from the measuring cup, first coat the cup with oil or cooking spray.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is vegan to-die-for fudge! This is so vegan delicious! Made as directed. For the almond butter I used recipe #369241. I took the first reviewer's comments into account and so carefully crafted this by, for example, slowly incorporating the carob powder. I used all the same measurements as called for in the recipe, but I chose to make this with a loving hand! Thanks, White Rose Child! Made for Vegetarian Recipe Swap.Reply
Sorry, I hate to leave a bad review, but this was terrible. It turned into a toffee like mess in my saucepan, and the carob powder amount was too much. I ended up adding more rice syrup to try and save it, and ended up pressing the walnuts into the top of the toffee/fudge mixture. It needs some soy milk (about 1/2 cup), and then maybe some oil (1/4 cup), and it may turn out better.Reply