- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 3 -4 lbs boneless pork shoulder or 3 -4 lbs boneless pork butt
- green chilies or 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3⁄4 cup white wine or 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- corn tortillas or tortilla chips
- Cut pork into small cubes approximately 1/2-1 inch each.
- Brown pork in a dutch oven over high heat then reduce heat to medium.
- Add white wine, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a rolling boil.
- Cover, and place in a 325 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock and cook with lid on until meat easily falls apart.
- Remove bay leaves and add onion, green chilies or chipotles and fresh cilantro.
- Shred meat with two forks and serve with corn tortillas or tortilla chips, top with guacamole, pico de gallo and sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in a suburb of Des Moines with my wonderful husband, two children, a Boxer and a neurotic Golden Retriever. Every day I am reminded of how blessed I am when I have one of the five of them gazing at me longingly wanting something I have just cooked! <br />It was my DH that taught me how to cook when we first got married (I think he was tired of my mantra If it can't be cooked in a toaster <br />or a microwave in 60 seconds or less - I'm not making it!) <br />I turned out to be an eager student and he was a VERY patient teacher. Little did he know that for the next 13 years he was going to have to put up with endless nights of Food Network, cookbooks spilling out of every bookcase, and me chasing him through the house trying to stick a fork or spoon in his mouth saying Here - try this!. <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>