Caribbean Codfish Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 lb salt cod fish
- 1 avocado
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemons or 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 dash pepper
- Place salt cod in cold water to cover. Place in fridge for 24 hours, changing water 2-3 times.
- Debone and skin if needed. Cut into 1 " pieces.
- In a 2 quart saucepan place fish with water to cover, simmer gently until fish flakes easily, about 10 mn.
- Cut avocado into bite size pieces, toss with onion, tomatoes, olives and fish.
- Whisk oil, lemon or lime juice and pepper. Toss with salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/chelsea-1-1.jpg?t=1358729305 alt=width=320 height=234 /><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/th_2934e8e56debfb521317951198.jpg alt=width=160 height=160 /><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/th_HPIM0151.jpg alt=width=160 height=90 /> alt= />I am an avid cook and baker. I have a Farmers Market stand where I sell breads and sweets. I am really enjouing my stand, as I get to make all kinds of breads, although the sweets are the big attraction! I am married to theworlds most wonderful man, have an aan amazingly brilliant child (of course I would say that!). In short, I am a verry happy, cheerful woman. Baking bread is my passion, but I love to cook anything. </p> <p>I have two great dogs, Jack and Lucy, a black lab and a boxer/pitbull mix, respectively.</p> <p>My rating system;</p> <p>5 stars= great, had fun making it and will make again</p> <p>4= made some changes as the recipe needed tweaking</p> <p>3= probably will not make again</p> <p>I will not post a 2 or 1 star rating, I'd rather post the review with no stars and share some possible fixes:)</p>