photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium red and yellow bartlett pears, pitted and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon (optional)
- good-quality ice cream
- 4 graham crackers, crumbled
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Melt the butter, and then add the pears, cut-side down, cooking until they are slightly golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the brown sugar and continue cooking until caramelized, another 5 minutes. Add the bourbon, if using, and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Divide the pears among 4 plates, garnish with a scoop of ice cream, a drizzle of the caramel sauce and crumbled graham crackers.
- Depending on the season, pears can be replaced by peaches, nectarines, apricots or plums.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.