photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, diced
- 2 cups/ 500 ml low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon/ 15 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup/ 125 ml dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup/ 125 ml chives
- fresh ground pepper
- In a sieve set over a bowl, toss the diced cucumber and onions with 1 teaspoon salt. Let it drain at least 1 hour at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- With flat-side of chef's knife, mash garlic with 1/2 teaspoon salt and make a paste. Add garlic paste to the yogurt mixture with olive oil, lemon juice, dill, and chive. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the chopped cucumber dry with paper towels, and add to the yogurt mixture. Keep the mixture refrigerated until ready to use and serve it with fried skate chicken, burgers or as a dip for veggies.
- You can make your own thick yogurt by letting it sit overnight in paper towel over a sieve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.