Caramel Pear Pudding Cake
photo by Hill Family
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 medium pears, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 2 cups) or (16 ounce) can pears, drained and chopped (fresh pears are better to use!)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, white sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add in the milk; beat until smooth (add a little more milk or cream if the mixture is too thick).
- Stir in the chopped pears and pecans.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and boiling water; (this mixture will be thin, but will incorporate into the cake while baking) mix well, pour evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot with ice cream or Cool Whip topping (I prefer it with vanilla ice cream!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I also doubled it for a potluck at work (adjust the baking time) and used walnuts (didn't have pecans). Make sure you chop the pears small, otherwise its a little chunky. Everybody liked it! It is very sweet, so I recommend a unsweetened homemade whip cream or a "not so sweet" ice cream. My husband doesn't like bread-pudding, but I popped him a piece in the microwave and topped it with some ice cream and he really liked it.
I gave this 5 stars. My family really loved this! No it's not a pudding as a reviewer said but a cobbler and a really good one. This was the first time I've ever had a cobbler other then apple and I loved it! I got my copy of this from AAA Recipes. The copy I have is a bit different. The milk is 1/2 cup. Bake time is 45 minutes. The rest is the same. Thanks for posting such a yummy recipe! Christine (internetnut)
see 2 more reviews