California Vegetable Casserole
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Par-boil frozen vegetables.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in flour, do not brown.
- And add milk, continue to stir.
- Dice cream cheese and slowly add to mixture. Do not boil.
- Continue stirring until mix is smooth.
- Place vegetables in a greased baking dish.
- Pour sauce over veggies.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top and if you like, you can now add a bread crumb topping.
- Bake at 350°F 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Easy and good way to use frozen California veggie blends. Originally, I was going to jazz it up a bit, but then decided to make it as written (adding salt and pepper) so I could fairly review it. It was good, but really needed some more flavor. When I make this again, I'll add to the cream sauce some garlic, chopped scallions and mustard powder and/or paprika. I think I may even add crushed crackers on top. Thanx for a good starting-point recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In my world a recipe is a guideline to cooking and can be altered to suit one's taste. I collect cookbooks for a hobby and have made at least one recipe from each one. And i am not that other Smurf.