California Mixed Vegetables
A delicious way to eat your veggies! This recipe comes from a Home Cooking Magazine and it is now one of our favorite side recipes.
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces frozen vegetables, California-blend (see note)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavored cracker, crushed (such as Ritz)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place water in a saucepan and add frozen vegetables, celery and onion.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until vegetables become slightly tender.
- Drain vegetables and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and shredded cheddar cheese to vegetables and mix.
- Place mixture into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour melted butter over vegetables.
- Sprinkle crushed butter flavored crackers over top.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
- ~NOTE~ The frozen veggies I buy includes carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Enjoyed this one! I made it into a full meal by adding cooked chicken chunks. I substituted wheat Ritz as that's what I had on hand. I served my DD first while I finished up in the kitchen. She was making all the mmmm yummmm sounds and guarded her bowl when I said I think I need to try a bite of yours. Going straight to the keeper file. Thanks Kim D