Cheesy Vegetable Casserole
photo by togiaadrean
- Ready In:
- 2 (1 lb) bags california-blend frozen vegetables, thawed, the broccoli cauliflower and carrot blend
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crushed buttery cracker, Ritz
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 1 1/2 - 2 quart casserole; set aside.
- Drain off all water from thawed veggies.
- Place drained, thawed veggies in a large bowl. Add ALL remaining ingredients.
- Mix everything well.
- Pour mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thank you for posting this yummy recipe! As I maintain a low-carb, low glycemic life style, I made the following changes:<br/><br/>1. No crackers<br/>2. Regular sour cream instead of low-far (organic would be ideal)<br/>3. Organic fresh broccoli only (no carrots or cauliflower - as those are higher on glycemic index)<br/>4. Organic mayo (Trader Joe's brand - my fav)
I made this the other night and took afghanmom's advise...mixed the butter, mayo, sour cream, etc and then combined with the veggies. Also, I was out of Ritz crackers, so I used the french fried onions (crushed first) as afghanmom's suggested, as well as saving some for the top of the casserole. This dish was a real crowd pleaser and such a great change from the ordinary! Thanks for posting...it's a keeper!
see 1 more reviews
I used fresh broccoli and caulifower, steamed 5-7 minutes before using - Substituted plain greek yogurt for the sour cream - Used French Fried Onions in place of Ritz Crackers. - Added more cheese and FF Onions at the end, back in the oven for 5 to melt cheese and brown onions. Makes for a very nice presentation.