Calabacitas Con Queso and Chile Verde (Squash With Cheese and Gr
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3 medium zucchini, diced medium
- 3 medium squash, diced medium
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels only
- 1⁄2 lb green chili, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced medium
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large saute pan place butter and heat to medium high until melted and hot. Add zucchini, squash, and corn and saute for two minutes until just warmed.
- Add green chiles and stir well. Cook for five minutes.
- Place mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle with jack cheese and cheddar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Join The Conversation
This was delicious! I made it just as stated, except for a reduction in butter and we really enjoyed this side dish. The one thing I would do differently when I make this again, as I plan to, would be to add some onions into the mixture. I loved the chilies added and think the onions, for us, would take this one over the top. = ) Chosen for Family Picks of ZWT 4 for the Cookin' Cats team. Thanks!!