photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn chips, roughly crushed
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a skillet, heat oil at medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring from time to time, for about 5 minutes or until onion has soften. Add corn and keep cooking 2 minutes. Let cool a little bit.
- In a big bowl, mix egg, corn chips, salsa, water, beef and pork, and mixture of veggies. Put the mixture on a baking sheet with foil paper and shape in a loaf of 9 x 5 inch. Cook in a preheated oven of 350 F for 1 hour 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and keep cooking for about 10 minutes or until internal temperature reads 170°F Let stand the meatloaf for 5 minutes. Remove the fat from the meatloaf, then sprinkle with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really liked this meatloaf :)Following the other 2 reviewers, I added 1 small can of rotel to the mix for additional moisture ~ this seemed to work fine. I used a beef and ground chicken mixture as we don't eat port much. Very tasty variation on a family favorite. I served with pinto beans and rice! Thanks Boomette for a new keeper. Made for POTLUCK TAG, Feb 2009.
Great recipe. I made this for supper last night and the family really liked it with the exception of it being a bit too dry...then again, it could have been my fault. I made a sauce to go on it. It was a mixture of ketchup, mustard, brown sugar (and normally worchestershire sauce but since I was out) A1 with a dash of tabasco. They went back for seconds so that has got to be good. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong><span>I'm the host of Bargain Basement tag game in the cooking game forum. You're welcome to play anytime. You'll be surprised to find great recipes that were never reviewed. <br /></span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p><strong><span>I want to say a big thank you to everyone who tries my recipes and post photos. I don't always have the time to say thanks to each of you but be sure it's so appreciated :)</span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/zwt6%20banners%20and%20photos/captain.jpg alt=width=150 height=200 /></p> <p><br /><img src=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/zwt/ZwizzleBadge.jpg alt=width=200 height=300 /><br /> <br /><a title=banner3 href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26630178@N05/3510953178></a><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3510953178_b35b3086a8.jpg alt=banner3 width=500 height=250 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> By Brooke The Cook in WI <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=3510511#3510511> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /> <br /></a><a title=Photo href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/boomette1/514183676></a><img src=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/252/514183676_f79b486466_m.jpg alt=good width=240 height=137 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p> <p><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/ZTAA-sm.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p> <p><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/Pets-STKR.jpg alt=width=200 height=200 /></p>