Grandma B's Southern Cajun Meatloaf
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 slices stale bread or 2 slices rolls
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon gumbo file powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well by hand (a requirement, so that you can work in all the love).
- Pat into ungreased loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes, until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a tasty meatloaf. Izzy must have a humongous loaf pan because this makes a very large amount of meat. I had to use a 9x13" casserole and formed a gigantic loaf. Next time I would instead split the raw mixture into two portions and make two small loaves. I was able to get 16 large slices total. Next time I will also add much more Cajun seasoning & hot sauce and less file as this is surprisingly very mildly flavored.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a proud mother of my twins Darius and Constance; also a grade school teacher. You can understand my need for easy, healthy, fast, and fun recipes! I love to cook with my hubby, who runs an Italian restaurant. But in my kitchen, even he doesn't get to boss me around :)