Grandma B's Super Waffles
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- note: if you do not have sour milk or buttermilk measure 2 tablespoons vinegar into your 2-cup measuring cup and fill to the two-cup mark with sweet milk and let it stand while you prepare other ingredients.
- Sift together: 2 cups all-purpose flour 3 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt.
- Combine: 2 cups sour milk or butter milk 4 eggs well beaten Add the milk and eggs to dry ingredients,beat until smooth with a hand mixer or electric mixer on high speed.
- Stir in 3/4 cup melted margarine or salad oil.
- Bake in preheated waffle iron until crisp and golden. For large maker 2 cups for small maker 1 cup batter.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for PAC Fall 2008. We got about 20 5 inch square waffles, give or take with overflow and not putting enough on the griddle. My family was crazy for these. The kids raved and DH said he couldn't imagine waffles tasting any better than these. We only had two left over. I guess we have a keeper:)
Awesome waffles! The directions are perfect and the waffles turned out crispy on the outside/soft on the inside - just how we like them! For the second batch, I added some cinnamon and that worked well, too. I used butter instead of margarine. Next time, I am going to try using canola oil to see if it works just as well. Thanks for a great breakfast! ~Made for the Aussie/NZ October Swap~