Cajun Baked Brie
- Ready In:
- 1 puff pastry sheet, 11 x 17 inches, defrosted
- 5 inches brie round
- 2 tablespoons mick's cranberry pepper jelly (Mick's Wine jellies are great too, Merlot, Cabernet and Chardonnay or try your local vineyard)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) box water crackers, Carr brand assorted are great
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut brie cheese in half across the middle horizontally and set top half aside.
- Spread out the puff pastry sheet and roll it to an 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Place the bottom half of the brie onto the puff pastry.
- Smear the jelly on top.
- Sprinkle the almonds all over jelly.
- Place the top half of the brie back on the wheel.
- Wrap dough up and over the top of the brie, beginning with the corners.
- Carefully turn over the pastry covered wheel, smooth side up and place on baking sheet.
- Sealed, wrapped edges should all be down on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
- Looks great garnished with a dollop of jelly, a pepper or champagne grapes when using a wine jelly in place of the pepper jelly!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!