Caesar Salad With a Kick
- Ready In:
- 2 medium head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste (or use whole anchovies if desired)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, mix the garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, dijon, worcestershire and pepper.
- Add eggs and mix till well blended.
- Add the olive oil (gradually if you have one of those food processors that allow this) and mix until blended.
- Add the tabasco if you are brave and wish a more intense flavor (trust me it actually works well).
- Toss the salad with the dressing and Parmesan just before serving, and add whatever amount of croutons you wish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!