Cabbage Noodle Salad
We had this for our meal tonight, and both my DH and I loved it!!! It is easy, very low calorie and delicious. I found this at the Spark People Recipe of the Day site on the Internet. We are neither diabetic, but look for good low calorie, healthy recipes.
- Ready In:
Ingredients for dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed, not cooked
- Make dressing by combining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the first three salad ingredients, toss well.
- Add crushed ramen noodles and dressing to salad and toss again (I did not use the seasoning packet).
- Serve right away (preferred) or cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend.
- I also nearly doubled the dressing ingredients.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Lovely, crunchy salad! I didn't use any pepper and reducing the splenda, were the changes I made! It was the first time that I tasted ramen noodles uncooked and it was rather strange at first but the result was very tasty and added something extra in a plain cabbage salad. Made it for PAC Fall 2007. Thanks Lauralee!Reply