Butterscotch Chip Spice Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Stir flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter and brown sugar with a mixer until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour mixture JUST until blended. Do not overmix or cookies could become tough.
- FOLD in butterscotch chips, shape into a wedge, cover and wrap tightly with plastic wrap, and CHILL dough until firm, a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift powdered sugar.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, roll balls of dough in powdered sugar, and arrange on prepared baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden and just set.
- Let cookies COOL on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!