Buffalo Chicken Wings With Blue Cheese Dip
photo by Barenakedchef
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled gorgonzola or 1 1/2 cups any blue cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat Broiler.
- Cut chicken wings in thirds, cutting between the bones. Discard wing tips. Melt butter and add cayenne, hot sauce and 1 teaspoons kosher salt. Put wings on sheet pan and brush with melted butter mixture. Broil about 3 inches below heat source for 8 minutes. Turn wings, brush with butter, and broil 4 more minutes, or until cooked.
- For dip: Place blue cheese, mayo, sour cream, milk, worchestershire, salt and pepper in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. Process til smooth.
- Serve the chicken wings hot or at room temp with blue cheese dip and celery sticks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!