Brussel Sprout & Chicken-Apple Sausage Bake
photo by Busy Lindsay
- Ready In:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 4 links chicken-apple sausages, sliced
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hormel real bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
- Spary a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add veggies, sausage, bacon bits, salt pepper, garlic powder and drizzle the olive oil over the top. Combine ingredietns until well blended.
- Cover with foil and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Then uncover, add balsamic vinegar and toss veggies.
- Bake again uncovered for 10-15 minutes until veggies are cooked to your liking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I like to experiment in the kitchen and am not afraid to modify a recipe based on what I have on hand or what I think might taste good. I enjoy cooking things that are simple, delicious and nutritious. I enjoy food and beverage pairing. It is interesting how certain foods and beverages together can enhance the food or alter the taste. When I'm not working I enjoy spending time with loved ones, reading, crafts and aromatherapy. I'm always looking for simple recipies to keep my loved ones happy and healthy.</p>