Broccoli with Two-Cheese Horseradish Sauce
This luxurious sauce is fantastic with the broccoli. It is dressy enough for a special meal, and a little bit different from ordinary cheese sauces.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Steam broccoli for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside and keep warm.
- Whisk together flour and 1/2 cup whipping cream in a saucepan until smooth.
- Gradually add remaining whipping cream, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add the Co-Jack cheese, Parmesan, horseradish, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Stir constantly until the cheeses melt and the sauce is smooth.
- Serve hot sauce at once over broccoli spears.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation