This is quite a common way of doing potatoes but I thought I would send it in anyway. Sometimes I do the recipe up until the final baking step and then just pop them in the oven 25 min before serving dinner
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 2 large scrubbed baking potatoes
- 1 cup small broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prick the scrubbed potatoes and bake for about 1 hour (Until tender).
- Cool on a rack for about 15 min (do not turn off the oven).
- Meanwhile steam the broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Slice each potato in half and gently scoop out most of the flesh leaving the shells in tact.
- In a blender or food processor, using the metal blade, combine the potato flesh, sour cream, broccoli, green onion, garlic, salt& pepper.
- Process until smooth.
- Spoon the potato mixture into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until heated through about l5 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Thank you for the inspiration. Big crowd showed up at the island cottage. This is how I adapted the recipe. 1. Boiled regular boing potatoes until tender. Split them in half and scooped some of the flesh. 2. I sautéed red onions and roasted some garlic. 3. I steamed the broccoli. In a food processor, I chopped together the onions, garlic, potatoes and broccoli. Seasoned the mixture. Not puréed. 4. Placed the potato halves in a 9 by 13 pan, squished together. Covered the potatoes with the mixture. 5. Topped the potatoes with shredded cheese and baked in a 350 degree oven until browned. Friends and family wiped it out!
This is a great recipe. I had some back ribs out that I had to cook tonight, and was wondering what to make with them. So, of course, I turned to RECIPEZAAR and found another "GREAT" side dish. I did, however, mash the ingrediants instead of processing them and added some cheddar cheese for the last 10 minutes.They turned out "awsome". My wife loved them and she's very happy that I've discovered new dishes at RECIPEZAAR. Thanx Bergy !! I'll be serving these many more times. Rob