Crisp Twice-Roasted Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 2 small red potatoes (about the size of a golf ball or just a bit larger and as many as you want per person)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pierce the potatoes in several places and place on a baking sheet and roast until very tender, about 1 hour.
- While the potatoes are still hot,smash them lightly, one by one, with the bottom of a glass until they are about 1/2-inch thick.
- Lightly brush the top with olive oil and put back into the oven to roast again for about 45 minutes.
- Flip occasionally and brush the other side with olive oil.
- When they are brown and crisp, remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
- If you would like to do this ahead of time, you can roast the small potatoes and lightly smash them, then let them cool to room temperature.
- They can now be refrigerated or frozen.
- If you freeze them, thaw slightly and then continue with the second baking in the oven as directed.
Join The Conversation
These did not turn out quite how I imagined and I was a bit disappointed. My dh did not care for them either.. I used good sized potatoes as recommended but they ended up rather than being crunchy just having a hard outer layer.. Im so sorry, I really wanted these to be as good to me as everyone else commented.
My BH & I enjoyed these very much. As stated by ChefPotPie, finally a new way to have potatoes! We used small red potatoes, microwaved them for the softening process, then drizzled with olive oil & salt & peppered them. I liked them this way, simple, but may try spices or parmesan later on. Thanks for posting oliveoil!