Broccoli and Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce
I like this best when made with fresh shiitake mushrooms, but regular button mushrooms are just fine too.
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch broccoli, in pieces
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup water or 1/4-1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Clean broccoli.
- Trim off flowers into bite-size pieces, lightly peel broccoli stalks and slice into diagonal medallions.
- Heat wok on high. Add the oil and when the oil is hot add the broccoli, stir-fry rapidly until the broccoli is covered in oil.
- When the wok is no longer oily, add a splash of water or chicken stock and continue to fry, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, replenishing water/chicken stock whenever wok becomes dry.
- Toss in the prepared mushrooms and the garlic, stir, add half of the oyster sauce, stir, cover and simmer at medium heat two minutes.
- Serve drizzled with the remaining oyster sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation