photo by Elephant.Shoes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach
- 1 cup soy cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup tap water, HOT
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons instant yeast
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove and set aside. Keep the grease and set aside as well.
- Place chopped onions in hot pan and carmalize, may need to add 1 Tbsp of bacon grease. Once onions are done, add the spinach and put a lid on, stirring occasionally until spinach is thawed. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp of bacon grease back to pan, whisk and add in 6 eggs and scramble. Add other filling ingredients and combine.
- Once combined, line a cupcake pan with papers and divide the filling into 10 equal cupcakes. Top each with 1-2 Tbsp of cheese. Place in freezer to set. (this makes assembly easier).
- In a machine, whisk egg, oil, sugar, water, 1 cup flour and salt until flour is smooth. Change to a dough hook and add the flour and yeast. Let knead for 5 minutes until dough is smooth.
- Let rise for 1 hour in a greased bowl, cover with saran wrap.
- Punch down, divide the dough into equal balls. (makes about 9 or 10) flatten out a piece of dough, making sure the edges are thinner than the middke and place one of the frozen fillings cfheese side down in the middle of the dough. Fold the dough up around the filling, pinch to close and lay on baking sheet pinched side down.
- Let rise for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!