Boiled Chocolate Cake
photo by Ninna
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees c.
- Place sugar, water, butter, bicarb soda& cocoa in a saucepan& bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, time for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Grease& line base of a loaf pan.
- Once chocolate mixture has cooled, add the flour& egg.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Place in pan& cook in oven for 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great cake Marli. I have this recipe too, but mine is double quantity and I cook in a 8" square pan. I got it from the Woman's Day, prize recipe 30 or more years ago. Thanks for posting it Marli. Update: I just wanted to explain the photo Marli, I cut it in halves and spread lemon curd in between layers - gee it was good.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
G'day! I'm from Gippsland, Australia. I am a SAHM (stay at home mum) to my two gorgeous children who are 2 years & 6 months. My passions are cooking, scrapbooking, & reading which I enjoy doing in my rare "ME" time. I love finding & trying new recipes & am very fortunate that my family are not fussy!