Blueberry, Fig Chutney
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
3-4 1/2 pint jars
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red raspberry vinegar (6 percent acid)
- 1 red onion (1 cup finely diced)
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- 4 cups diced fresh figs
- 3 cups blueberries, frozen or 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- Sterilize jars, lids and rings.
- In a non-reactive pot place first 11 ingredients bring to a boil and reduce to simmer, simmering for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Add figs, 1 cup blueberries and cranberries bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes uncovered. Stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining blueberries return to boil and then reduce to simmer for 20 more minutes. Till the consistency you like.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch head space. Wipe rims and place lids and tighten rings.
- Process for 10 minutes in a hot water bath.
- Shut off flame and let sit uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a draft free spot to cool.
- Or freeze in containers for 3 months or refrigerate for 3 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!