Honeyed Fig and Blueberry Jam
This is a variation of my Blueberry Fig Jam "very Low Sugar" Blueberry is a big requested jam. I had lots of fresh figs so I combined the 2 and made this. Using only 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 cup honey. I did crush the figs and blueberries in the food processor. Check out infused honey for optional flavors http://www.food.com/cookbook/infused-honey-130206 Cookbook #130206
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups crushed figs
- 2 cups crushed blueberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 ounces no sugar needed pectin
- 2 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- 1 vanilla bean, split (optional)
- Mix pectin and sugar together.
- In a large pot add remaining ingredients with the pectin mixture.
- Bring to a full rolling boil. About 10 minutes.
- Test for jelling.
- Pour into sterilized jars leaving 1/4 head space.
- Be sure to remove vanilla bean and cinnamon sticks if used.
- Wipe rims and place sterilized lids and rings on.
- Process in a boiling water bath covered by 2 inches of water.
- Altitude times.
- 1,000-3000 for 5 minutes.
- 3000-6000 for 10 minutes.
- 6000-8000 for 15 minutes.
- 8000-10,000 for 20 minutes.
- Remove jars and cool for 12-24 hours.
- You can remove rings and wipe jars.
- Store in a cool dark place.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is a very unique and absolutely scrumptious jam! I tasted it during the process and wanted to keep eating it. ;) I followed the recipe exactly, however,..my jam did not set. I know this happens sometimes, for whatever reason, but my concern now is how can I try to correct my jam? Is there anything I can do to fix my 8 jars of runny jam? I am definitely no jam expert, as this is the 3rd time I've made jam, but I have seen where sometimes there are ways to correct the jam. If there is anything I can do to re-do my batch, Please let me know so I can proudly give my in-laws a jar of this recipe and knock their socks off! Lol. They are going to LOVE this!