Blueberry-Banana Sour Cream Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicious variation of your "run of the mill" banana breads. Very moist and didn't last long!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray 2 8-5" x 4-5" x 2-5" disposable loaf pans (or reusable pans with same measurements)with cooking spray.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle this mixture into the coated pans to dust them.
- Add 6 tablespoons butter and 1.5 cups white sugar to a large bowl. "Cream" together with electric mixer until most of the sugar is blended inches.
- Mix in eggs, 1 at a time, until all sugar, butter and eggs are well mixed. Mix in mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla, and cinnamon with mixer on low speed.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt by hand mixing them in, stirring well.
- Add the blueberries and mix all together by hand. Add the nuts at this point if you are using them.
- Divide the batter equally between the 2 prepared pans. Bake for 70 minutes on center rack of oven. I used a wooden skewer to test after 60 minutes and found that it came out clean after 70 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION