Blue Cheese Meatloaf
photo by AK_Lydia
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Combine 1 cup bread crumbs and 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese.
- Add ground beef, egg, onion, salt and pepper.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Shape into a round loaf.
- With a spoon, make a crater-like depression in top of loaf.
- Fill depression with Blue Cheese Dressing.
- If desired, sprinkle more crumbled blue cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have always hated (yes, Hated) meat loaf. Boring, mushy and what's w/that ketchup?<br/>Trying to save a buck and loving Blue Cheese, I stumbled upon this recipe. WOW!! It's soooo delicious, easy to make and inexpensive. I have made it 3 times already and each time I just add a bit more blue cheese! It is fantastic with a small salad and hot crusty bread!
Let me tell you we are also on South Beach and this sounded like a good choice for dinner. I used crumbled gorgonzola and a chunky blue cheese dressing on top. My mom, who dislikes meatloaf, asked for seconds! I did accidentally read 1/4 cup of onion in my rush around the kitchen, but otherwise followed your recipe exactly. I cooked it in the toaster/oven which always cooks faster so it only took 35 minutes. Totally delicious!