photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt (5.69 g)
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- traditional toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup and mustard
- Place the mushrooms and oats in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the beef, seasoning blend and salt. Pulse until well combined. Form the mixture into six 4-inch patties.
- Set a greased grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the burgers on pan and cook without turning for 5 to 7 minutes. Flip burgers and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and cook for 1 minute more. Serve on hamburger buns with traditional toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!