Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by AMarinesWife
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, mix butter, both sugars, vanilla and egg.
- Stir in Bisquick mix, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart; flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
After years of making/baking chocolate chip cookies for my grandchildren with my mother's (burnt on the bottom) recipe , I decided to try the bisquick recipe. They are delicious and my grandchildren think so too! However, they still think I am using one of my mother's favorite recipes..I'll give them the recipe signed with MY NAME..The truth is out of the bag!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I love trying new recipes! Neither of us were formally taught to cook so we're teaching ourselves. We've had a few "mistakes", but luckily my husband will eat ANYTHING. No, really, I mean anything. So nothing has been a complete loss. We have a son, born April '08 and he's eating solids like a champ! I love making his food for him. It's easy and cheap, besides who knows what they put in those little jars they sell at the store?! I can't wait to see what kind of things he likes once he gets some teeth!