Betty's Mexican Cornbread
This is a recipe my mil gave to me. It is a great change from the normal cornbread. <><
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced finely
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- Put all ingredients except the cornbread mixes into a large bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Now add the cornbread mixes and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The recipe is very easy to put together. I did have trouble with the baking of it though. After 35 minutes in the oven it was nice and browned on top but inside was liquidy mush. So I turned the oven down to 325 and baked it for 25 minutes more. Then I turned off the oven but left it sitting in there for another 1/2 an hour. The texture is very nice after all of that, it's kind of a heavier than normal cornbread. But the flavor is awesome, therefore 4 stars! Made for PAC Spring 2010.Reply