Berry Blue Salad
- Ready In:
- 8 cups loosely packed baby greens or 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot (optional)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond, slivered
- Place greens, blueberries, blue cheese and red onion in a serving bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, lemon thyme leaves, shallot if desired, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss salad with the dressing and garnish with roasted, sliced almonds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A very colorful, and yummy salad! Sweet blueberries go wonderfully with the tangy blue cheese. I liked the sweet orange juice in the dressing. I added a squeeze of real lemon juice to the dressing just to add some more tangy citrus flavor. The toasted almonds were a perfect topping. Thanx for a great salad!
I made this salad for a summer patio lunch with friends. It was very pretty and yummy and something a little different which is always nice. I wanted a little more tang with the dressing so I added some white wine vinegar which went nicely. This gave me a reason to use the Lemon Thyme I have growing on my patio. Thanks Susie!
This is a quick fix, lovely salad to look at & to eat. I halved the recipe & made it as written except that I could not find lemon thyme leaves, so I did not get to enjoy the *enlivening* I found it easier to dress the greens & then put the rest of the ingredients atop them. I esp like your idea of adding grilled chicken & maybe even more fruit. Pineapple, strawberries &/or mandarin oranges come most immediately to mind as excellent adds. Easy ingredient portability makes this an ideal summer salad that would be good for a patio dinner, potluck occasion, camping trip or even an Icelandic fishing trip. Thx for sharing your recipe w/us.