Beef Stroganoff Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- hot cooked noodles
- paprika (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, onion, and Worcestershire sauce; stir in bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Crumble the beef over the mixture; mix together well.
- Shape into 1 1/4-inch balls; place in a lightly greased 15 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- In a saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender; stir in 3 tablespoons flour and salt until blended.
- Gradually add broth; bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes; reduce heat.
- Combine the sour cream and remaining flour until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture.
- Add meatballs; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over noodles; sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!