Beef Jerky Biltong Flavouring
I found this recipe elsewhere. I love my beef jerky but could not find any good recipes for any. I found this somewhere years ago and have been using it ever since. you can adjust the recipe up and down or add other herbs easily.
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 30mins
- 3 lbs little to no fat beef or 3 lbs game
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper, coarsley ground
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, coarsley ground
- 1⁄4 cup normal table salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle vinegar
- Mix the Pepper, coriander, salt and brown sugar together thoroughly.
- Slice the meat into 1 cm thick slices about an inch wide.
- Place a layer of meat in a plastic container and sprinkle lightly with the vinegar.
- Sprinkle the spices over the top of the meat without completely drowning it.
- Place another layer of meat on top of the first and repeat the vinegar and spices steps until all the meat is used up.
- Leave in the fridge for 3 hours
- Remove and mix it all up thoroughly so that all the spices are evenly spread through the meat.
- Drain any excess fluids from the container and return to the fridge for a further three hours. The longer it stays in the fridge the stronger the spice flavours become.
- Remove and place in your dehydrator until dried to your satisfaction. (12 to 24 hours in my dehydrator).
- Eat and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more