Air Fryer Beef Jerky
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces top sirloin beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (such as Sambal Oelek)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice beef and place in a resealable bag.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar chili paste and rice vinegar; whisk well.
- Pour marinade into bag, seal and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove pieces of beef from a marinade and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat air fryer to 160-degrees. Place beef in basket and cook for 3 to 4 hours. Checking the jerky periodically for desired doneness. Allow to cool completely and then store in an airtight container.
- Serves: 8; Calories: 69 ; Total Fat: 3 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Total Carbohydrate: 1 gram; Sugars: 1 gram; Protein: 10 grams; Sodium: 160 milligrams; Cholesterol: 26 milligrams; Fiber: 0 gram.
I made this & it's GREAT! I didn't mix it properly & some parts had more soy sauce TASTING than other pieces. I KNOW I used more meat than stated & the marinade was VERY thick. I also used a lot more garlic as OUR personal taste. Not sure if it's fair to give it 4 stars since I tweaked it for our liking but EITHER way, I WILL make it again this time following the meat portions.