Dad's Beef Jerky
photo by GingerlyJ
- Ready In:
- 4 lbs chuck, roasts
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle allegro seasoning and marinade
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut roasts into strips.
- Put into a ziploc bag and marinade for 24 hours.
- Place either into dehydrator or foil bottomed cookie sheet in oven on 200 degrees.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Cook on high in dehydrator for 12 hours or in oven with door cracked for 12 hours.
- In winter chuck roasts can be substituted for Vension Roasts for added treat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">