Beagle Bagels (Canine)
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
- Stir in the carrots and spinach.
- Combine the egg, oil and water together and add to the flour mixture, mixing well.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Shape pieces of dough into 1 1/2" sized balls.
- Flatten, then poke hole in center, forming bagel-like shapes.
- Bake at 350 F (175 C) for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
After seeing loof's pics and review on My 3 Chefs had to give this a try for DGSs pup and he sure gives them 5 paws!! I did some minor changes, made it an even 1/2 wheat and half all-purpose flour (heard wheat is better for dogs) added a tablespoon of honey for sweetness, and had about 1/4 cup of broccoli getting old in the fridge so just threw that in too. Used the end of a wooden spoon to make the holes and when baking was done turned off the oven and left them inside to cool so they'd dry out even more. Came out nice and crunchy like they should be and Zues loves them. I'll be making more to give as gifts for Christmas this year to friends, but think I'll make them a little smaller so they'll not be such a big snack next time. Thanks so much for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am the Document Administrator for an engineering firm here in Sarnia. I am quite happy with the position and think I'll be there for a long, long time. It's nice to finally be settled in a job.</p> <p>I am married to a wonderful man who takes great care of me. My two teenage sons from my previous marriage love and adore him as well. Things are wonderful at home.</p> <p>As I am working full time, I don't have as much time to cook the fantastic meals that I would love to. Instead, we end up cooking a lot of quick, somewhat-healthy meals.</p>