Breakfast Bagel Sandwiches (Oamc)
While searching for a great make ahead breakfast I tried this and it worked great! Hope you enjoy it too :)
- Ready In:
- 12 miniature bagels (whole wheat or white)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 12 pieces bacon (fried crisp and cut in half)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or your favourite kind)
- Slice each bagel in half.
- Lightly butter each side.
- To cook eggs, lightly grease a mug or small bowl or ramekin; beat eggs in that bowl and microwave 30 seconds; remove egg in one piece and repeat for remaining eggs. Or take Swan Valley Tammi's idea and pre-cook the bacon, chop it up and add it to the eggs. Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes so all 12 egg/bacon 'patties' are done at the same time.
- On the bottom half of the bagel place cooked egg.
- Top each egg with approximately 1 Tablespoon grated cheese.
- Stack bacon on top.
- Complete sandwich with top of bagel.
- Cool slightly; wrap in plastic wrap individually; place in a large labeled zipper freezer bag.
- To serve, remove 1 bagel sandwich from bag and remove wrapping.
- Place upside down in microwave and heat for 30 seconds.
- Place right side up and microwave for 30 seconds more or until heated through. **Time may vary in your microwave**.
- Eat warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Fabulous! For all that work I'll need to see if it's worth the cost/time then buying sandwiches, but definitely tastes better homemade! Super fun to try! Took about 2.5 hours for my first try (I did a double batch and toasted the bagels) Taste great in after microwaving. For future knowledge, I'll make my bacon more crispy so it isn't as chewy. We also microwave for about 40-45 seconds on each side so the egg patty (did the cupcake tin method) gets warmed up all the way through. Thanks for the recipe, it's perfect for my husband and I for getting ready.