Basque Chicken (Poulet Basquaise)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found on Cuisine-France. Posted for ZWT8- France.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 lbs chicken, cut in 10-12 pieces
- 6 ounces bayonne ham (or Virginia Country ham)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 tomatoes, peeled and crushed
- 5 green peppers, seeded and cut into large strips
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a dutch oven. Put in the chicken pieces and brown on all sides over high heat. Cover, and cook over moderate heat for 15 minutes.
- Seed the green peppers and cut into large strips. Place the green peppers, ham, and garlic in the dutch oven with the chicken. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Peel and seed the tomatoes. Heat remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet. Add the onions and cook over moderate heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked onions and tomatoes to the dutch oven and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Adjust seasonings and serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION