Tomatoes a La Provencale
photo by Jostlori
- Ready In:
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Remove the stems of the tomatoes and cut the tomatoes in half.
- Next, scrape out the seeds and juice, season the tomatoes with salt and pepper and set aside until needed.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and fill each of the tomatoes with the mixture then sprinkle the tomatoes with olive oil.
- In a baking or gratin dish arrange the tomatoes not close to each other and bake in a 400º F degree oven for 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just putting it out there, if you’re not someone who thinks meat is an essential part of a meal, this is actually a great main. We recently moved to a mostly vegetarian diet to save money/lower our carbon foot print/not participate AS MUCH in the wholesale torture of animals, and we’re so grateful for gems like this. Used the bright red ones that the store calls “vine ripened tomatoes”, Panko bread crumbs, and added a little bit of grana padano and red pepper flake, and it was a meal unto itself. Fresh herbs also feel like a must here, and we probably added more than suggested and really enjoyed. Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.