Basmati-Sun-Dried Tomato Rice Pilaf
Great main dish rice dish. you can add chicken if you like for a little more substance
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄3 cup dried sun-dried tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock (homemade if possible)
- 1 ounce cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add shallots; sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and stock; mix well.
- Cover; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Place in serving bowl; top with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was looking for a quick and easy to prepare basmati rice tonight and tried this recipe. This was really good. Great flavour and so easy to make with ingredients that are commonly on hand. I needed to add just a little more broth near the end to fully cook the rice. Delicious. Will definately be making this again!Reply
see 1 more