Basic, Frugal Cornbread
photo by 3KillerBs
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 pan.
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, and 2tbs canola oil together until crumbly.
- Beat eggs into the milk then mix into the cornmeal all at once. Stir just enough to blend thoroughly -- it won't rise well if overmixed.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the center tests done.
- Let cool a few minutes before cutting then serve warm with butter or other favorite topping.
- Note: if you want to increase it for a 13x9 pan I find it works better to use 1 1/2 times the ingredients instead of double. A fully doubled recipe is reluctant to cook fully in the center before the edges get dried out.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!