Weight Watchers Basic Skillet Cornbread
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, oil, egg and egg whites; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moist.
- Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in a 450 degree oven. for 5 minutes or until hot. remove skillet from oven; coat with cooking spray, and immediately pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove cornbread from skillet immediately.
- Yield 10 servings.
- Serving Size 1 wedge @ 3 ww pts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This cornbread went great with my taco soup tonight. My daughter loves cornbread and I was happy to find a recipe that was a bit healthier than usual. I added about 1/3 cup of Splenda to make it sweet and baked in a 9X9 pan at 350 for about 25 minutes. The flavor and texture were just right. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking & baking. I am always trying new things and love to pass on recipies. I find comfort in cooking. I have a wonderful golden retreiver named Farm Dog and a cat named Puddy. They are the best company a girl could have, being a person who is going to be divorced. I have lost over 20 pounds on weight watchers and I am still loosing.