Basic Cheese Filled Stuffed Shells-Oamc
Just the basic cheese filled stuffed shells recipe you get off the back of the box, adjusted slightly for OAMC. The prep time is long but it's well worth it to pull them out of the freezer weeks from now and have an easy and quick meal.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
on serving day
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- Cook noodles according to directions on box.
- Combine all other ingredients.
- Fill each shell with about 2 tbsp cheese mixture.
- Place in foil lined 9x13 pan in a single layer. Wrap in foil and freeze.
- When fully frozen, you can remove the foil wrapped shells from the pan so it takes up less space. When ready to eat, place in same pan.
- To serve, thaw. Cover with spaghetti sauce and recover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes until hot and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is fabulous and easy! I made the whole batch, then froze half by flash freezing the shells in a baking pan. Once they were frozen, I wrapped them in foil and threw them in a freezer bag to use at a later date. The other half made a great meal for my family, who enjoyed the shells very much. Thanks!Reply