Banana Sheet Cake
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 medium bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- Cream together shortening and the sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in bananas and vanilla.
- Combine flour, soda and salt in a separate bowl, then add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a vegetable oil-sprayed 13x9" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool before frosting.
- TO PREPARE FROSTING: Combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool a bit.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar till frosting reaches spreading consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>September 15, 2007: Here's a photo of me and my two girls before leaving our hotel room to go to an Avett Brothers concert. We're all huge fans of the group. We're also huge fans of each other. It's fun to have adult children. <br /> <br /> <br />--- About me: I'm an artist, and art teacher to kids kindergarten age through 8th grade. My life whirls at a breakneck pace. I teach approximately 800 students, and have 30 different classes each week. It's crazy!!! The rewards, however, are the numerous hugs and good vibes I get from my students. If I didn't have my good-looking husband to stabilize me, I'd surely be sporting a straight-jacket. Oh, and did I mention my yarn obsession? I've made hundreds of crochet items in the past few months, and have a little shop on etsy. Check out my website when you have the time:</p> 8754768"